• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Pain when running/sudden jolt etc

N

nikki06

Hi,

Im hoping someone can help me shed some light on what my problem may be..

Ive noticed that for about 2 weeks now I feel pain in my upper right teeth (cant locate which one/s). Running down the stairs, going over bumps on my mountain bike, over bumps in the car, and even today from sitting down with a jolt (I kinda flung myself in the chair without thinking) and it hurts.

Im not too sure if its painful to bite down with the upper rights that are painful, as Im only using the left to chew...

.. I went to see my dentist before Christmas and she put a temp filling with medication on my 2nd right from back tooth on the bottom (really should learn the names of my teeth!!), so Im scared of that filling coming out or being even more painful to chew on, so Im sticking to left side only to eat.
The tooth she put the filling over is fractured and brittle as it has no wall (as do none of the 6 teeth that the previous dentist filled now, thanks to him!!), so I am worried, that bcos all 6 deep fillings were done on the same day and one is already fractured, that possibly the other 5 are going wrong at the same time..
I also have an appointment soon for this bottom right tooth to be pulled. as the recent temp filling with medication doesnt seem to have worked enough to save the tooth. I mentioned the pain in the uppers when I last saw her, but she said the pain may just be bcos the bottom one is hurting, so its making it feel like the top ones are too.. but the pain when running etc, is something I only feel in the top, even when no pain is present at the bottom.

The pain possibly started around the time I got a cold, as it hurt to sniff and any sharp intake of breath hurt, but not I dont feel bunged up and I think Im 99% over my cold, and the pain feels like its further back, towards the wisdom tooth and the next 2 (all corners of the wisdom tooth is through, but its not at the same length as my other teeth yet).

..So what could this pain be when running etc?? Is it an abcess developing, do the the fillings replacing??
The pain does seem to subside, but Im still aware of it and v worried about it.. but when it first hits its like a sharp, shooting pain.. I also seem to have a slight headache on the right also, not sure if its related at all??

Any help to give me some ideas of what I might be facing would be helpful!

Thank you :)

Wow that info is all over the map there. :o It could be coming from the erupting wisdom tooth, a sinus infection problem related to the recent cold, an abscessing tooth, or some acute gum problem. If your dentist has checked the area out already and hasn't mentioned anything, it could be more related to the wisdom tooth or sinus issue. It's hard to say. You probably should have it checked over to rule things out.

Hi,

thanks for the reply. I just read my post back again today and realised what a total mess it is, although, at the time it made sense (to me anyway! lol).

Thanks again for muddling through it. I will try and mention it when I see her (if I can face sitting in the room for more than the time needed.. Im usually running out as soon as shes finished with me!!

Nikki.

Back