• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Painful Tooth HELP

R

Rachel1717

I had two root canals side by side on my right two bottom molars 2 years ago. About a year ago I received 2 stainless steel crowns. Since then my insurance has ran out. On tooth 30 the crown was always loose and a couple of days ago it popped off. There was a disgusting taste and all that was left is some nasty looking cement. The last couple of days I get random sharp pains where that "tooth" is and the whole row of teeth on that side hurt too. Sometimes it throbs and won't go away. What could it be? I am wanting to just get that tooth pulled and be done with it, as there is a big gap between the teeth now anyways. The crown drove me insane before. Please help!

I would have to advise at this point to get an appointment with your dentist. They have temporary crown repair kits at CVS so you can cement it back into place while you wait to get in to your dentist. I wouldn't wait if you're in pain. As unpleasant as it is to imagine going and the bill, its worse to be in pain and suffering. I feel for you and hope you can get in soon.

Thank you, I'm definitely gonna have to go to the dentist. I've come to notice it is the incisor tooth in front of tooth number 30 that is causing the pain. My whole jaw on that side is sore/ throbbing and feels swelled. It feels as though when I bite down that it is the first tooth that hits, and it seems even higher than that corresponding tooth. I never had this problem before. I wondered if it was because must of my molar is now missing, and I didn't notice it before, or if that tooth has actually risen up some. So much of the molar has gone, that it was practically just the cement left in my mouth, with gaps on either side where there was no tooth left, only gum. I had heard that teeth can "move around" some if there is a space.

I do really hope you get in soon.. That really stinks when a crown falls off. I hope you can get it taken care of , esspecially with it causing so much pain!! Keep us updated!!

I've been loaded up on ibuprofen lol. I got some recapit and put the crown back on. So far that has made it feel much better! I think it had misaligned my bite and it was hitting the other tooth. I have a dentist appointment next week. Thanks everyone!

I'm glad you could replace it temporarily until you get to see the dentist. Lots of luck, I hope all goes well from this point on.

So glad you temporarily got it on and got an appointment! !!

Back