• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Palletal injection for filling?

C

Chris1986UK

Hi All,

just a quick one to put my mind at ease. I’m getting a couple of fillings on my upper teeth (middle for lack of a better term).
Would the dentist give an injection in the roof of the mouth for this usually or under certain circumstances?
I’m very anxious about them and it would put my mind at ease so much ahead of next week if someone could answer this for me.
Best regards,
Chris

Hi Chris,
For the vast majority of fillings, a Palatal injection would not be needed. However, if the decay has gone below the gum line, then it may be needed.

Lincoln

Thank you very much. That would be pretty much at the verge of a root canal, or is that still just a standard filling?

thanks,
Chris

Could be a standard filling, depends where the cavity is really...

I think I may have had a palatal for a filling once (actually it was a few fillings on neighbouring teeth). I'm not sure though, maybe it was just in a similar sort of location.

Back