• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Palliative care for my teeth - dentist advice.

W

welshlady

Went to see a local cosmetic dentist to see if I could pay for bridges. After an X-ray he said no and my only option would be partial dentures. I cried in the room ! He has booked me in for 2 x 1 hour sessions of air flow EMS then he said we will talk again 3 weeks after that treatment. The dentist has A very good reputation and I do trust him. However, what good will that treatment do if I have to have them out anyway? By bones are not strong enougg but He did say implants were an option for me but not at £34k. Well out of my price range. ?

I could be misreading this, but he's appears to be saying that your existing teeth don't have healthy enough root structure to support the false teeth, so bridges are not an option for you.

He's not saying that the teeth need to be extracted at the moment, just that they're not in good enough condition to support bridges. The Airflow stuff is a fancy way of removing plaque and staining, which needs to be done to improve the boney support for your existing teeth and hopefully prevent you losing them.

Back