• Welcome to Dental Fear Central! This is a place for mutual support and any questions you may have that are related to dental phobia, fear or anxiety. It is run by volunteers with first-hand experience of dental phobia and anxiety together with dental practitioners who like to help. The "Verified dentist" badges will tell you whether an answer has been provided by a qualified dental practitioner. If you'd like to use all the features of this forum and share your own experiences, or if you are a dental professional who would like to contribute, register now.

We strive to promote a safe, friendly and trustworthy environment with our team of moderators monitoring all discussions daily.

Paranoid! White spots?

D

DownInTheGutters

I have white spots all over my front teeth.. four teeth to be exact. Will these all turn into cavities? I feel like my teeth are weak although they seem strong to the touch and when I bite.

I know it isn’t fluorosis or anything like that because they’ve developed over time, especially recently now that I’ve been taking better care of my teeth. Am I brushing too hard or something? Are these reversible or will they inevitably turn into cavities and my front teeth will rot out? I make sure to use a fluoride toothpaste and mouthwash 2x a day. :(

They don’t bother me cosmetically.. I’m just paranoid they mean something bad!