• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Partial denture consultation

R

reagan005

After months of panic attacks, I finally scheduled a dentist appointment to discuss having my broken front teeth removed. I had a tooth abscess but I didn't go to the dentist cause my wife had a bottle of antibiotics left over from a stomach problem a year ago. My front 3 teeth are broken, and have been that way for 10 years almost. The tooth abscess finally pushed me over the top, cause I know they can become deadly.

My fear is, the doctor hitting my teeth with that metal tool they use. My last visit when I had a tooth ache in a back tooth, during the visit he checked my front teeth by tapping on them and he broke one in half. I know that wasn't his fault and its part of his job. My fear is that I will go in with no pain, he will do that test then I will be in pain and he will tell me I have to take something for a week before he can do anything about it.

Other than that part lol, I am actually excited about not having to worry about tooth aches. For the last 3 years I have carried a tube of Orajel with me everyday and I freak out if I can't find it. Plus I work in sales so it will be nice to talk to customers and not have them look at my teeth the whole time we talk.

Hi :welcome:to the forum.

If the tapping on your teeth bothers you then ask them not to do it. I know they used to do it a lot. In the last three years of me going they haven't done this. I can't remember the last time they did do it.

Explain to the dentist that you feel nervous, tell them what your fear about going that way they can help you to get the treatment you need.

Good luck for your appointment, and well done for finding the courage to make it. :clover::butterfly:

Back