• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Partial Denture(question for Gordon)

M

may

Hi answer me a question i have a partial denture but its uncomfortable it is on a metal ring with clear clasps it, i have been thinking of getting a private one made maybe out of valplast but i dont want to waste my money i have five teeth missing on the bottom on the same side and one on the other. Even if i have just ordinary private partial will it be any different to the one i have thanks so much for you advice

It's really hard to say without seeing your mouth. Valplast dentures appear to be the most comfortable and well tolerated dentures out there. They are significantly more expensive though and they have some other drawbacks, which are a bit more technical and we don't need to go into that here.
I've still had one or two patients who couldn't tolerate even a Valplast denture on their lower teeth, so they aren't a perfect solution unfortunately.

You'd be best discussing this with a dentist, maybe even if you have to pay privately for an appointment.

Back