• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Partial dentures after Root planning & scraping

S

Sweetleef

Hi everyone...
Curious, how soon after a deep cleaning/scraping can I start wearing my partials again? I wear front bottoms, I work in an office and would be embarrassed to be without them.

I love this forum, it's great that we are all here to help each other get thru our dental journeys.

Hi there,

I couldn‘t come up with any reason why wearing a denture should be a problem after a deep cleaning. The denture is where your teeth are not and the cleaning is only where your teeth are. So these two don‘t interfere. Looking at your previous post here, it sounds like Gordon confirms that you will be able to wear your partial directly after the cleaning.
If this is bothering you a lot, ringing your practice and let them confirm may be the best idea. They should be happy to put you at ease :)

All the best wishes

Thank you do much! Im definitely going to ask my Perio tmrrw. The reason why my overthinking mind fears there may be a problem is because my partial clasps on to neighboring teeth, im so scared my teeth will be loose after the scraping & deep cleaning.

I see. I thought it may be a worry about the clasps, but you will be fine. Many people worry about having loose teeth after a cleaning, for some reason there seem to be the image of calculus holding your teeth, but that‘s not the case. I can here only remind you of previous reply of Gordon, who said your teeth won‘t be lose after the cleaning :) Hope your perio reassures you tomorrow.

Thank you SO much for putting my mind at ease. This forum is truly a Godsend, we are all in this together. On a different thread someone reached out to me about front bottom partials, i was more than happy to ease their minds.

Thank you again, with all my ❤

I will post my success story soon...

I am sharing another success story ?
The procedure went well, No pain afterward, No teeth sensitivity, no need for antibiotics. The Periodontist, the staff and the anesthesiologist were amazing, kind & sympathetic. I was able to wear my partials without any problem.
I worried myself sick, many sleepless nights overthinking the worst case scenarios, I regret doing that to myself.

Thank you to everyone who reached out to me with support, empathy & kind words.

Peace & Love

Hi, thanks so much for the update, I'm sure it will help others who are concerned about deep cleaning ?. Sounds like you have a lovely dental team. Congratulations ? ?!!!

(P.S. if you'd like to recommend your dentist, there's a section on the forum where you can do so: https://www.dentalfearcentral.org/forum/forums/dentist-reviews.25/ - you need to be logged in to see the US and Canada sections)

Thank you so much for administrating such a great forum for people like me.
I found my courage here ❤

Back