• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Partial dentures until implants?

G

Former Member
:cry: HI.JUST WANDERING IF ANYONE CAN ANSWER A FEW QUESTIONS FOR ME.......TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT..JUST WENT TO DENTIST A FEW WEEKS AGO FOR THE FIRST TIME IN YRS. SHE SENT ME TO A PERIODONTIST , WHO WILL BE DOING SCALING AND ROOT PLANNING ALONG WITH EXTRACTIONS 3 WISDOM AND 8 MOLARS AT THE SAME TIME I WILL BE PUT TO SLEEP IS THIS NORMAL AND BONE GRAFTS! IS THIS NORMAL? AFTER ALL THIS I WILL HAVE TO HAVE SOME FILLINGS ON SOME OF MY OTHER TEETH POSSIABLY A FEW CROWNS.... I WILL BE GETTING 4 IMPLANTS IN THE FUTURE BUT IT COULD TAKE UP TO 3 YRS BEFORE I WILL BE ABLE TO AFFORD BECAUSE IN THE MEAN TIME BOTH DENTIST WANT ME TO HAVE BRACES BECAUSE BOTTOM TEETH ARE CROOKED.. I CAN NOT GO WITH OUT TEETH ( THE MOLARS) I WILL BE HAVING EXTRACTED SO I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE PARTIALS MADE TO WEAR UNTILL I CAN AFFORD THE IMPLANTS......WELL MY DENTIST TOLD ME IT WILL ONLY HURT MY OTHER TEETH AND SHE DOES NOT WANT ME TO GET PARTIALS? LOTS OF PEOPLE WEAR PARTIALS IS THIS TRUE? AM I ONLY ASKING FOR IT IF GET PARTIALS? I AM SO SCARED I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO PLEASE REPLY

Could you start by turning off the caps lock key, it makes reading the message really awkward. Thanks :)

Partial dentures will compromise the bone grafting and lessen the amount of available bone for the implants. That seems a bit silly considering how much money you're spending on it.

Most people can manage really well with just premolars to chew with, indeed some Scandinavians think this is the optimum dental arch for patients to manage. Joan Crawford allegedly had her molars removed to accentuate her cheekbones ;D

Interesting piece of trivia ;D! Apparently, she also had some ribs removed :scared:

Back