• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

Partial dentures

D

Davidwilson1986

Has anyone had good experience with getting partial dentures? My right bottom set of teeth are kinda screwed. I got one tooth, second from the back removed due to an abscess a few months back but it’s looking like the one behind it is also on its way out also.

I’ve been stressed over what to do, but I’m trying to be pragmatic about it because my only real concern would be changes to my smile. Think it’ll be worth it?

krlovesherkids777

krlovesherkids777

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Davidwilson1986

Glad you wrote about your worries on what to do about potential partial dentures.

From personal experience , my bottom dentures served me well over 20 years. now am in process of getting implants there after years.. but. I can say that it was a great affordable option at the time, better than my then current teeth work. They gave me confidence with my smile, as mine was in front. It is a journey and challenges along the way but all in all I would discuss it with your dentist and see what they think and the ups and downs of them and what you are looking for , pros and cons.