• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

partial immediate denture :(

D

Dentist hater

i have been given a one tooth denture as i had a tooth extracted thats visible when i talk and smile. AT the moment i have not been wearing it because i cant taste anything proper and i talk with a lisp and it just doesnt feel right. Will i ever get used to it? Hs anybody else had this experiemce at first and then got used to it afterwards? Anybodys experience of wearing a partial denture would really help me think more positive. And why do you think i cant taste my food proper when wearing it???:cry:

Hi, I have a partial immediate denture for 6 bottom front teeth. What you are experiencing is normal. I had the whole no taste issue in the beginning. It's been two years almost now and I have no problems with taste or lisp for quite some time. Give the partial a chance because it will really get better.
:grouphug:

sorry to ask but was this the chrome one or plastic one? i need one and im so scared?

Sarah

Back