• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Partial problem

M

Munchkin

Yesterday was my E-day, all seemed well, aside from the nasty pain, until about two hours ago when I noticed my partial doesn't want to stay put. I'm struggling to keep it in my mouth and I don't know what to do.

My dentist is closed right now, it's 3am here, I'm afraid to go to bed with it like this. If it falls out it could end up on the floor, I could step on it, anyone else could, my dog could get a hold of it. Not sure what to do. This partial wasn't cheap, I'd freak out if something happened to destroy it on day 2.

Should I take it out and call my dentist in the morning? Or should I just push it down in there and hope it stays until I wake up and can call my dentist? The idea of having to go back in after everything that my mouth has been through scares me but I'm even more afraid dry socket and gums that are so swollen I can't put the partial back in.

Should I take it out and call my dentist in the morning? Or should I just push it down in there and hope it stays until I wake up and can call my dentist?
Definitely yes. It is generally advised to sleep without the removable partial in the mouth. In your case that is even more needed.

Back