• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

partial root canal, unable to return for 2 more weeks

A

anne25

I had a partial root canal performed on 1/7/09. At the visit I made them aware that I was having foot surgery and it would be at least (probably more) before I could return. Anyways, they completed the partial root canal and put a temporary filling in.

I had no problems until two weeks ago when I realized the tooth was a bit uncomfortable if I touch my tounge to it (not extreme at all), no sensitivity to cold/hot; but that side of my face is slightly swollen.
I was on a course of antibiotics and that helped.

This morning I woke with the same symptoms. I've called my dentist and I'm waiting for a return call.
My concern is that I'm not walking yet after my foot surgery and so I will not be able to complete the root canal for 2 more weeks. Should I be ok on another series of antibiotics?

You certainly could go on another course of antibiotics if need be. Sometimes the dentist may vary the type of antibiotics to help reduce the chances of resistance.

Back