• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Partially erupted top right wisdom tooth removal, nevous as all hell

M

MeghanPopoff

I've always had a very, very bad Dental Phobia. I clearly can remember being very young and calling the dentist and pretending to be my Mom and trying to cancel my cleaning appointments. The Dentist I had was horrible, very uncaring and VERY rough. My gums would constantly bleed.

At 18 I stopped going. I've never had a cavity filled or anything. I am 24. I went to the dentist for the first time in 6 years on 7/23/2014. I picked a dentist based on reviews and the fact that he LOOKS kind. I went to the dentist because my top right wisdom tooth is partially erupted. My whole jaw hurts, the area around the tooth hurts. I am in excruciating pain.

I will be the first person to say, Dental Offices have changed. They're all catered to people like me. I called ahead when I made the emergency appointment and told them that I have dental anxiety. I guess they didn't take it seriously because when I got there and started tapping and then crying they looked and me and asked "What's Wrong".

The dentist was super nice. He was kind of chubby and really cute. He was hilarious. He prescribed me pain killers and some xanax for 7/31/2014 when I will be having this tooth cut out. He told me that the area is infected(not the tooth its self thank god), so he gave me a script for that as well.
Everyday since the appointment I have been nervous about the 31st. Every time I think about it(including now) my stomach feels queezy and I feel like I want to vomit. When I look at the appointment card I get queezy and when someone asks about it as well.

They're only going to be giving me just nitrous and the local and the xanax before hand. I am not getting put to sleep because It's only one tooth and it's already partially erupted. People look at me like I'm slow when I tell them that I am only getting one tooth out(that's already mostly erupted) and I am this freaked out.
Has anyone ever had a wisdom tooth partially erupted taken out? Has anyone ever had the gas? Will it take long? Someone make me feel better about this, haha.

Last edited:
I've had one taken out that was fully erupted. Everything went well. Though I got put under for that because I'm extremely nervous of dentists as well but recovery went well. If you follow the dentists directions things will go well for you as well. Hope everything goes well :)

3/4 of mine that I got removed 1.5 weeks ago were fully fully erupted. They were bugging me, or else I wouldn't have touched them. I've had no complications, and hardly any pain since they've been removed. (On a scale of 1-10, the most it's reached has been a 3-4, and I took a pill to stop it).

You'll do great. I was extremely terrified of getting mine removed, but I'm glad I did. It'll be over before you know it, and you'll wonder why you worried so much.

good luck!
:jump:

Back