• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

partially erupted wisdom tooth extraction with just local.

B

banditsmom

Hi,

My left upper wisdom tooth is very partially erupted. It is starting to bother me. I am afraid to have iv sedation in the office had a horrible experience. Anyone have it done with just local and a xanax? the oral surgon said we could use the nitrous if necessary but it makes me very nauseaus.

I had a premolar extracted and dental implant placed with just local and was OK.

Please share your experiences

Hi,

My left upper wisdom tooth is very partially erupted. It is starting to bother me. I am afraid to have iv sedation in the office had a horrible experience. Anyone have it done with just local and a xanax? the oral surgon said we could use the nitrous if necessary but it makes me very nauseaus.

I had a premolar extracted and dental implant placed with just local and was OK.

Please share your experiences

Your situation sounds like mine. I have two partially erupted on the bottom and am terrified of IVs. I'm opting for just a local and halcion (triazolam). Going in this coming Friday. Did you have it done yet?

Back