• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

paste, powder, etc nothing works!!

J

jade66

been trying to use an adhesive for bottom dentures so they do not move around to cause the sores i have>>>after an hr or so it is all gone!!! tried Polident , Fixodent, powder,cream iam going broke buying this stuff....it just disappears..no one else that has dentures has this problem..in fact they have a rough time taking them out what is with me!!!!!

From what other denture wearers have posted, the bottoms are the hardest to get used, if not down right next to impossible. There is no suction like the upper plate and your jaw muscles have to learn to hold it in. If you are having that much difficulty maybe a reline is in order.

There are some forums out there dedicated just to denture wearers, maybe you could get some good advice/tips. https://www.dentalfearcentral.org/faq/dentures/

rp

Hi Jade...
Try Cushion Grip Thermo adhesive...its not an adhesive, as such, but it builds on the dentures somewhat like a reline - thickens them/pads it out. You can also put an adhesive on top of it.
I've had MANY problems with adhesives...5 mins is all it takes, useless. But cushion grip has been a god send. Some people swear by SNUGS - can find all online...look them up, look at reviews - and try what you can afford.
Cushion grip isn't a sticky substance, as I say, its like a soft reline kinda thing, and it works well when warm (like mouth temperature).
And yeah...people have had the same thing happen...my journal for one!!!
I know how frustrating/annoying/crap it feels!
Its also nice to see I'm not the only one (no offence!)
Hope it works out :)

Back