• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Periodontal disease? And what stage?

A

Amandapanda7

I know id need X-rays to fully answer this question, but I’m just looking to get an idea. From this picture, do you think I have periodontal disease, and if so what stage? I am only 29 years old. I’m going to the dentist for the first time in 10 years in two weeks. My gums bleed in certain areas if I brush too hard but that’s about it. I also have heavy calculus build up on the bottom front. I’m terrified I’m going to lose some teeth and I feel like I’m so young so I don’t know what to expect. I’m kicking myself for letting it get so bad but I was recently pregnant and since having my baby it’s only gotten worse. Please let me know I will attach a photo. F3799DA1-6D40-49AD-B57D-DE563D679843.jpeg

Can't tell from a photo. Doesn't look like any of those teeth are likely to be extracted anytime soon though.