• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Periodontal surgery and more required

That is great news!!! Congrats! :jump: :cheers:

You've done a fantastic job and earned that nice break from the periodontist! You should be bery proud of yourself! Thank you for letting us know how you are getting along!! :)

That is great news! Thanks for the update, and Congratulations :jump:

Nice to see you back with your update on progress. That's the sort of result we like to hear - only regular cleaning appointments on the horizon. Well done.

I wish you all the best. I just got finished with 8000.00 worth of dental work. Not pretty but I am glad its over. Took 6 months. No insurance. I am glad you at least have some insurance.

Thanks everyone! Feels so much better to be sharing some good news with you. Sorry for the occasional melodrama in earlier posts.

I wish you all the best. I just got finished with 8000.00 worth of dental work. Not pretty but I am glad its over. Took 6 months. No insurance. I am glad you at least have some insurance.

I feel your pain. That's an awful lot of money! I haven't added up what my out of pocket expenses were to this point, but am positive it wasn't nearly that much. The financial side to all of this really adds to the stress and anxiety of all the dental work. So glad it's all behind you now and I too would like to wish you the very best.

Hello,

I am so thankful for your post as your story highlights my future journey through dentistry.

Tomorrow I will have two wisdom teeth removed under general anesthesia on the left side and I will have two teeth removed on the right upper quadrant that are going to lead to a visible gap when I smile). Since I am already under general anesthesia I will also receive bone graft and sinus graft for the right upper quadrant.

I just now found this wonderful forum (and wonder if I should stock up on instant mashed potatoes and other soft foods). :(

Grimace and other veterans I need you wisdom and support!

Once I am healed from tomorrow's procedure I will go to my dentist to get impressions for a partial temporary denture. I am horrified to have to be with a big gap in my mouth until then (I am in my mid thirties and don't have many friends that would like to chat with me about my dental problems all though my closest friends already have been warned by me to expect to see me miserable and toothless).

After reading you post I think my biggest worry now is quick healing. I was hoping to be sort of ok after the weekend - must I expect to take days "off"?

Also I am told to have "gum surgery" at the soonest convenience in all 4 quadrants. I already had the hygienist's cleaning, but I apparently require a periodontist to take care of that.

You post is the first first hand reference I am finding, but I am not sure that we're having the same kind of procedure.

I think I am going to get a super deep cleaning under my gum under local anesthesia. Is that what you had? It sounded pretty horrible from your description.

How soon after tomorrow's procedure do you think I will be ready to do the gum surgery? I was hoping I would be ready in a week or two weeks from now (to tackle one half of the mouth) and then 1-2 weeks later the other half of the mouth. Again after reading your first hand experience I am afraid that there are a lot of follow up appointments before I get the clear.

I have of course asked my oral surgeon and periodontologist, but I could not get a good answer. Both parties seemed to be fighting over who gets to do their procedure first and the periodontologist is sort of willing to do it anytime (as long as I pay) and the oral surgeon wants me to wait until I am fully healed.

To make matters worse. Since I am in my mid thirties I also am trying to conceive. So I am really motivated to get this over with very quickly even if I am going over my annual max of dental benefits. I think I can't handle much of the local anesthesia or bacteria during a potential pregnancy.

My journey will end with three dental implants that will started in 6-9 months from now (hopefully), but that's in the far away future.

thanks all of reading... please hold my hands! Gumball

PS I always thought I were the only mid thirties person to loose teeth and was really depressed about it. Thanks for letting me know that you are out there !

Back