• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Permanant crown is crooked with high bite

B

bornslippy

I've had 4 top front teeth permanent crowns inserted today and upon returning home I realised to my horror one is crooked. It also has a high bite (bottom tooth hitting it) The dentist tried to rectify the bite but without success, advising to return in a week if it still feels the same as it may move. I'm not very assertive at dentists due to anxiety and paid little attention to how they looked in the dental mirror afterwards, more concerned with the high bite.
However, I had no idea at the time how crooked it was until I got home. The other new crowns look fine
Any advice?

If you are worried right it down next time to you go to dentist. I am not good at being assertive and do worry every time I go to dentist, even three months.

Hi, hope you get it sorted. I'm not really assertive, but when I got my new crown yesterday I was most unhappy about them so got dentist to remove them (I really was cringing inside) no way was I leaving with them in.
So could be a bit of a long haul to get them right.
I do believe they truly want you to be happy with the final outcome, so don't be shy :)
will be nice to hear how you get on.
thanks

If you can't deal with it, call them and make an appointment. Don't wait for a week - that's stupid. I can e-mail my dentist and they will call me as soon as they open to get me in that same day. I can't believe they would make you wait for something like that :(

Get someone to take a good picture
Print it large size write notes on your complaints and take or send it.
Most of it should be fixable and the rest explainable.

Hi all, thanks for your replies. I went back today and thankfully it looks/feels a whole lot better after some polishing/'shaving'. I couldn't handle going through yet more crown removals and temps after endless weeks of this (not that this was offered)
I'd imagine that in the next few months the crooked crown will need to be replaced, but for now it's at least more aesthetically pleasing.

Last edited:
Back