• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Permanent crown removal

A

Acheygirl

First and foremost thank you for taking the time to read this.

So I had some root canals. Still having pain but sometimes I think it might be improving... long story short was having a good day. Went in for the permanent crown it was fitted and looked great. Cemented it in and I got home to find a big gap in the inside that likely was a chip that occurred in the fitting process. So I went back and the dentist said it's got to come off. It was not really too painful they cut in sections but there was more pressure then I cared for to say the least. So sorry to ramble my question: How damaging is this process to a root canal tooth that had the procedure 2 mos prior? can it fracture the root or tooth? I stressed to be extremely gentle with the removal and they seem to try and do this. I was not sure how long it takes for a tooth to dry out and get brittle after a root canal.

none don't worry

Back