• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Piece of flesh dangling from gum

M

miss_yell

I have a piece of flesh hanging off my gum it dangles sometimes but it sits in a recess in my gum where a tooth ussed to be (lost tooth years ago) I have swollen gums and they bleed a lot when I brush I am so scared that it is mouth cancer but I am petrified of the dentist :shame:

swollen gums and bleeding make me want to say periodontis, not cancer. but i am not a medical professional and a consultation with a dentist is what you need.

being petrified of the dentist is a common theme here, so we understand that you are scared to go. dentistry these days is not what it used to be. dentists can make treatments pain free, and there are also sedation options for people that need the extra calming 'kick start' for their dental health. i'm one of those people!

start by finding a dentist that you feel comfortable with. go 'interview' a number of them until you find one you are able to talk with, both about your dental issues and your anxiety issues. a dentist that won't take the time to talk with you is not the right dentist. if you don't feel comfortable enough, you can ask the dentist to not even look on the first visit, just talk with you.

we are here for you :)

swollen gums and bleeding make me want to say periodontis, not cancer. but i am not a medical professional and a consultation with a dentist is what you need.

being petrified of the dentist is a common theme here, so we understand that you are scared to go. dentistry these days is not what it used to be. dentists can make treatments pain free, and there are also sedation options for people that need the extra calming 'kick start' for their dental health. i'm one of those people!

start by finding a dentist that you feel comfortable with. go 'interview' a number of them until you find one you are able to talk with, both about your dental issues and your anxiety issues. a dentist that won't take the time to talk with you is not the right dentist. if you don't feel comfortable enough, you can ask the dentist to not even look on the first visit, just talk with you.

we are here for you :)
Thank you gap mouth I just stumbled across this site, I am amazed that there are so many people that are just like me, Thank you so much for your lovely reply x

Back