• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Pimple near front tooth and bleeding.

D

Dentist hater

Can brushing too hard irritate teeth and cause them to develop a small pimple and then bleed as i have recently developed a small pimple on top of my front tooth, no pain in tooth so far and it bled for no reason, or if the tooth is pushed in by my finger. What could this be, any advise much appreciated.

Also i had a cleaning about a week and half ago, could this have anythging to do with it.

Last edited:
when you say 'on top of the front tooth'- do you mean on the gum?
has the tooth been filled/crowned etc.
dr mike

Yeah on the gum, its very small/raised and is dark red, the tooth had a small chip this year and had a simple filling, It hurts a little to press the gum were the pimple is

Anybody any idead what it could be?

Probably a draining abscess, but it's hard to tell from your description. Best get it checked out by your dentist.

Thanks gordon.This is the second tooth on the right at the top of mouth, if the 4th tooth on the right has got an absess can it have pimples on the 2nd tooth because of that absess or will this be a new one that has developed..

Abscesses can track in all sorts of odd directions to drain, the only way to be sure where it's coming from is to check with x-rays. So, yes, it could well be from another tooth. Not likely from 2 teeth away but possible.

Back