• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

please help.....Bad taste/smell nausea

K

Karenjeff1581

So I just started using a sonicare toothbrush and I have been having this bad taste and smell in my mouth. I also switched from a natural toothpaste to a regular fluoride one. It has gotten to the point that I am getting nauseated and don't want to eat anything. Could this be because of the change in my toothbrush and toothpaste? Is it flushing stuff out or is this a symptom of something else? I am really freaking out

Last edited:
Try switching up the brand of toothpaste before you give up on the sonicare, there are so many flavors of toothpaste out there. Don't be shy to pick up toothpaste for kids. Personally, my mouthwash literally has scooby-doo on it. I can't use any other type or flavor of mouthwash. Personally I use sensodyne pronamel alpine breeze

P.S. Well I can use mint Scope but only if its watered down.

It might be but I think you need to visit a dentist and get a proper exam in order to know if it needs treatment:butterfly:.

I'd probably go back to my natural toothpaste but that is me...fluoride is no longer something i personally want near me. If you like the new toothpastethen keep it. If the smell and taste was there before you switched then you probably already had some issue that a dentist needs to look at. I know the reason most of us are here is fear of the dentist , but I really would try to get in and see what might be the issue. For now you might add warm salt water rinses (gentle) several times a day. it may help with the taste and smellor not but it certainly wont hurt anything.

Back