• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

please help! bad teeth, numbness and itchy in gums.

S

s.ward0402

First of, thank you to anyone willing to help. I'm petrified. I am 26 year old female and u have been petrified of the dentist for as long as I can remember. I had decent teeth until about 18. I got into drugs and I am now on a dose of liquid methadone everyday. I also have an extremely weak stomach and I threw up for 9 months with all three of my children and I'm not exaggerating when I say everyday, all pregnancies. For about three years now, my teeth started chipping away. I went to a dentist a few months ago and he said I need a full mouth extraction. However, I work with the public and it's really hard to take off three weeks til I get dentures. Here's my.problem, three nights ago, I work up and my front, upper gum and lip feels like it's the after effects of novacaine. My four front teeth are all cracked and broken. My upper gum is slightly swollen and kind of itchy. I woke up yesterday and my upper lip and nose was so swollen, it looked like I got punched. I took an antibiotic last night. I have never had this before, swollen gums, abscesses, or anything. I only ever had tooth aches. But, part of my feels like this isn't related to my teeth cause my front teeth don't really hurt. It's only my upper gum, where that flap of skin is. But why does it feel kind of itchy, numb and tingly. Someone please help!

First of, thank you to anyone willing to help. I'm petrified. I am 26 year old female and u have been petrified of the dentist for as long as I can remember. I had decent teeth until about 18. I got into drugs and I am now on a dose of liquid methadone everyday. I also have an extremely weak stomach and I threw up for 9 months with all three of my children and I'm not exaggerating when I say everyday, all pregnancies. For about three years now, my teeth started chipping away. I went to a dentist a few months ago and he said I need a full mouth extraction. However, I work with the public and it's really hard to take off three weeks til I get dentures. Here's my.problem, three nights ago, I work up and my front, upper gum and lip feels like it's the after effects of novacaine. My four front teeth are all cracked and broken. My upper gum is slightly swollen and kind of itchy. I woke up yesterday and my upper lip and nose was so swollen, it looked like I got punched. I took an antibiotic last night. I have never had this before, swollen gums, abscesses, or anything. I only ever had tooth aches. But, part of my feels like this isn't related to my teeth cause my front teeth don't really hurt. It's only my upper gum, where that flap of skin is. But why does it feel kind of itchy, numb and tingly. Someone please help!

I could be wrong, but is it possible there's an abscess? My Mum sometimes gets them and there's little pain, just a swollen face.. Don't ask me how, I've had maybe 2 or 3 abscesses and every time it hurt like hell(!), but my mum gets the odd lump on her gum, but mostly it's her cheek that swells and it always with pain.. Presumably your face swells wherever the abscess is, if its a tooth on the right - somewhere on the right would swell, cheek, jawline etc.. Abscess in the front, your lip and that area would swell up? I don't know, I'm not a dentist (didn't want to read and run).
I've heard of people getting dentures at the same appointment as the extractions, then having them realigned once the gums have settled? I could be wrong.. but is this a possibility, I'm not sure if its done on the NHS, could you go privately if not?

Back