• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

PLEASE HELP :( / BLOODSHOT EYE 2 weeks after the extraction

R

ReeceThomas

Is it normal for my eye to be like this? It’s been like this for about a week n a half, I had a dry socket, infection in my upper face, not near the extraction site. I went back to the dentist the other day and he put some brown stuff in it and it doesn’t taste pleasant, 2 days after the brown stuff has shrunk massively.
The extraction site hasn’t healed one bit for 2 weeks now and it’s beginning to turn sore and the gums around the site slightly bleed. I have red dots all over my tongue also. Please help me

Reece

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 41
Is it just one eye or both affected?

The brown stuff is called Alvogyl, it's a pretty effective treatment for dry socket, but it wouldn't cause any eye issues to me knowledge. It does taste pretty horrible though!

It could just be a coincidence that you've picked up a conjunctivitis at the same time as your tooth issues.

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for your response.

My eye is still red! After almost a month afterwards.
Just my left eye.

I'd go to the doctor, there's something odd going on.

Back