Please help have had a deep filling 2 month ago and pain is severe. Do I need RCT?

E

EnterA

Dear Doctors,

I have had a deep filling on 2nd left lower molar and having severe pain since even though I asked her to not leave it like that and do RCT she left it and said me to wait - for 2 months. Do I need RCT?
attaching here Xrays before (8 month ago) and after (week ago).. I see there is a black area under this tooth in the recent panoramic. Please help me can't sleep at nights 😢
Should I go to other dentist that would listen to me and do an RCT?

Attachments

• old.jpeg
    old.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 15
  • dani~3.jpg
    dani~3.jpg
    425.5 KB · Views: 15
E

EnterA

BTW, I did this filling in the 2nd lower left molar almost 2 month ago, please I really need your advice - what is the black area under this teeth.. it looks like an infection, doesnt it?

Gordon

Gordon

Administrator
Staff member
Verified dentist
You can't tell from a panoral film if there's anything going on at the roots. What kind of pain are we talking about? Anything provokes it or is it coming on by itself. Anything makes it better or worse?
How long does it last for?

E

EnterA

Thank you Dr Gordon It's a dull pain lasting for almost 6 month - I extracted lower left first molar - thought it would help - extracted upper left wisdom - also did not help - it can be for hours and days that I cant sleep, sometimes it calms down for some time. I really dont know what provokes it :(

E

EnterA

I have also bite xray before the filling - there was a deep cavity so there should be a RCT done because it reached to the nerve - I even had pain before, but they did only deep filling which caused me chronic pain to my opinion :cry:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-11-24-18-49-05-186_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-11-24-18-49-05-186_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg
    383.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Gordon

Gordon

Administrator
Staff member
Verified dentist
It would be good to get an electronic pulp test (EPT) done on the tooth, then you'd know how healthy the nerve is so you could get a better diagnosis. Chronic pain like this can be very hard to pin down, as well as grinding you down mentally. My sympathies.

E

EnterA

Thank you Dr. Gordon I'll check it