• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

PLEASE HELP ME - think I'm going crazy :'( RECEEDING GUMS loose teeth

M

megacinderella

Okay hey guys! Please bare with me, this might be a long post but I will appreciate it if you could take the time to respond PLEASEEE!
So I'm 21 years old female, and as a child my gums were quite "weak" they use to bleed now and then when brushing etc etc...and then I got braces when I was a teenager all was fine until I had cut the gum on my front tooth, however the dentist did not say much or do anything about it so I also went away and forgot about it and now for the past year I have realised that my gum has actually receeded to the point that I can actually see the root!! However my teeth do not ache and is not sensitive to it, but its bothering me a lot! And now I can slightly see the tooth next to it has also started to receed not as much but there is a definet receeding gumline! The tooth that had receeded before has always been slightly loose, now when I say loose i do not mean it wiggles around but now and then there is some sort of mobility to it very very minimal maybe less that 1mm. I am so so so scared right now I am having nightmares that if I go to the dentist they will just take my front teeth out and there is no way I want dentures at this age HELL NO!! My gums for the past few years do not bleed when I brush and are a pink colour, the only time they actually bleed is when I go overboard with flossing! For the past month I have been extremely careful about keeping my teeth perfectly clean, I brush twice a day floss every single night, even oil pull but I am just soo worried to the extent that I've just gone so paranoid that when i look in the mirror I feel as if my teeth are coming out of my gums!

PS. I went to a dentist last month who told me just to go for regular cleanings for my receeding gums and did not advice me much. She scaled and polished my teeth but did not say anything else. I am still very worried about this issue! I am just so scared to go to the dentist :cry: but i really want this to be sorted! I really do not want to lose my teeth any time soon!! I'm worried to death all i do is think about them everyday even at night just obsessing over them!! I will do anything!!

Please advice me if gum grafting would help and possibly tighten the teeth?

THANK YOUU XXXXXXX

Hi Megacinderella.

Some people have delicate gums which recede very easily. However, if they look after their teeth the recession becomes stable and does not cause tooth loss.
From your description I suspect that you do not have a problem and am confident you will not lose your teeth! Of course, I have not examined you so you need to keep seeing your dentist regularly. Keep cleaning and flossing and let the hygienist advise you on any modifications that may be needed to your cleaning techniques.

Hope it goes well

Lincoln

Hi Megacinderella.

Some people have delicate gums which recede very easily. However, if they look after their teeth the recession becomes stable and does not cause tooth loss.
From your description I suspect that you do not have a problem and am confident you will not lose your teeth! Of course, I have not examined you so you need to keep seeing your dentist regularly. Keep cleaning and flossing and let the hygienist advise you on any modifications that may be needed to your cleaning techniques.

Hope it goes well

Lincoln

Thank you for responding I really appreciate it! But what I'm worried about is about the teeth that is slightly loose I don't understand why, I guess it's been there for years but I'm only starting to be completely paranoid over it now, I am worried I might have periodonist (I don't even know how to spell it, but you know what I mean right :giggle:) But i think when I was younger the dentist did mention gingivitis.

Also do you think getting a gum graft might be worth thinking about?

Gum grafting can improve the cosmetic appearance of your gums. improve sensitivity issues and toughen the gums up but it will not make loose teeth more firm so will not help with your main concern.

Back