• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Please help! more extraction woes, poss gum infection?

O

ouchouch

I have another post here about my previous problems with dry socket following extraction nearly 3wks ago.
I saw an oral surgeon last wk to remove a retained root. She removed what was almost a hole root & trimmed some bone sticking out from the inside gum site where my lower 6/molar was removed.

The extraction site and jaw was very sore until yesterday & swollen. Now however my gum around the incisor tooth in front of the extraction site is very very sore. Today I was looking at it & thought i could see it pulsate so i touched it very lightly & it's started sudden bleeding from the area between it and tooth in front.

Could this be infected? I was already put on amoxycillin for 5 days which I've been taking since Wed. Do i need to call the dentist. Am really really panicking that this is causing an abscess or threatening the nearby teeth & I will end up with another tooth needing pulled.... :confused:

anyone? am really panicking about my incisor tooth next to extraction site.........

It's not normal to start bleeding after 3 weeks so yes I would go ahead and call the dentist

thanks, it's 3wks since extraction but only 6 days since subsequent surgical extraction of retained root..

the bleeding came from between the two teeth in front, the gum around these, mostly the incisor was very sore.. not the extraction site. am paranoid this could lead to abscess in the other teeth

Back