• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

Please help my dentist wouldn’t see me today... is this pus?

G

GagaScared

Advice needed please. I had my tooth extraction nearly 3 weeks ago. 9 days ago I had it dressed/packed due to partial dry socket so you can still see some of the tobacco like dressing in the socket.

im not sure if it my anxiety making me feel unwell or if it’s an infection. I phones my dentist this afternoon and explained Ive Woken up twice now to this creamy pus like stuff in the socket in the morning. This afternoon I noticed it there again?

its not painful apart from some sharp bits in my gum that are sore to touch. I keep having a panic attack as I’m sooooo scared of infection (ptsd related to a previous infection and reaction to antibiotic). I’m salt water rinsing multiple times a day but now panicking that I won’t get this seen at least until Monday now.

advice would be hugely appreciated x

Attachments

Gordon

Gordon

Administrator
Staff member
Verified dentist
Not pus, it just looks like a normal healing socket to me.