• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Please help with a brownish tooth

A

Amorena

Hello,

I am here to ask help with an very yellow/brownish tooth. It looks like the color is coming from the inside of my tooth, it doesn't look like a stain (from smoking or coffe, which I occasionally enjoy). There is also a little brown stain on it, didn't even realize when that appeared but it won't go away.
It doesn't hurt at all but the color it's getting worst by the day despite my efforts and good hygiene. I use bicarbonate, I use active carbon, good toothpaste.. clean my teeth twice a day.
The picture is not very accurate, in real life the difference is very substantial.

I want to know if you have any idea what can it be? How can I fix it?
Is it possible to avoid the dentist or I absolutely need some kind of chemical/estetic intervention? ?

Thank you so much!

Attachments

• IMG_20210419_223657.jpg
    IMG_20210419_223657.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20210419_214737.jpg
    IMG_20210419_214737.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 28
You need to see a dentist to figure out what's causing this. It's not staining but I wouldn't want to guess what it might be without an exam and x-rays.

Thank you! I understand I need x-rays for an exact answer but I am just curious of knowing the names of some similar pathologies?
Could you be so kind and give me some?
For example, could it be enamel thinning? Or it doesn't behave like this?

Please some examples, thank you!

Yes it could be. From the looks of it that might be the most likely thing.

You have Beautiful Teeth. I only wish I could have teeth like that. I wouldn't worry about that brown tooth. Really not that noticeable. Maybe they can bleach it or put something over it to cover the brown on it.

You have Beautiful Teeth. I only wish I could have teeth like that. I wouldn't worry about that brown tooth. Really not that noticeable. Maybe they can bleach it or put something over it to cover the brown on it.

Thank you so much! It was a long journey, I had various extractions and brackets for 3 years. This is also why I am so concerned, after all the struggle both physical and financial, I was not expecting this and I want to avoid complications in the future. It's not so much about the estetic look at this point as I am afraid it will decay even more.
I am stuck in another country due to co-vid and don't have a dentist that's why I was searching for help online. :(

It's not decay.

Back