• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Please help

L

Louie1

Any help will be appreciated, my story is at the moment I have a partial upper denture for my back molars as I have no molars on either side it’s a metal partial that clips on on either side of teeth at the front which I only have 6 of , my problem is that the 2 teeth at the front are crowded and they are becoming loose and moving so I don’t think it will be long before they fall the crowns come off I’m worrying that when they do does that mean I will have to have both those teeth extracted and then then they will have to go on my partial too but how will the partial stay in if there’s no teeth to clip them too ? I’m so stressed worrying about it does it mean the dentist will have to remove my remaining upper front teeth which are fine so I will have to have a full upper denture . I can’t see what else they could do any advise please or anyone gone through the same

As long as your canines are sound then they can retain a denture quite happily.
Even so, it's not essential for a partial denture to clip onto anything, especially in the upper jaw, you can generate a fair amount of suction from covering the palate so that dentures do quite well with no clips at all.

Thank you for your answer, that’s reassuring to know I suppose holding in would be helped with dental adhesive?

Some people like the extra feeling of security adhesives provide, others don't like the taste or the sticky feeling. It's down to personal choice really.

Back