• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Please please help....

Brit I have emailed lincoln yes, I will let you know what he says !

Carys - Bless you honestly thats a lovely thing to say xxx

Pain has calmed down a little hopefully lincoln will get back to me asap x

WOW WOW WOW

Just had a phonecall from Lincoln from the beehive practice in WGC after he read my email.

What a wonderful man ! He talked to me for half an hour about how I felt and what triggered my fears ect. He said he lives for helping people like me they are his challenges in life. He even said he had a patient that on her first visit she just had the numbing gel put on her gums, then the 2nd app one drop of the local ect. until she built up to her treatment. That is my ideal scenario ! Still completely scared but at least feel some hope now from complete hopelessness that there are some dentists put there that understand and really will take their time with you. Hoping to see him next week for a chat and i feel not too bad about it. What a amazing dentist to not only respond to my email but to then call me on a friday night at 6.30pm I think is above and beyond the duty of a dentist.
Watch this space................

What a result, I am so happy for you and I will be watching your thread with interest, I wish you luck in your dental journey, although with Lincoln I am sure you don't need it.

What a lovely man to ring you, now that is above and beyond the call of duty. :thumbsup:

Wow Laura - what a lovely surprise to come back to tonight! :)

The difference between your first post and your latest one is just huge, and I'm so happy for you! It's great seeing you've now got that bit of hope to hold on to. You should also be really proud of yourself for plucking up the courage to contact the practice - and I'm glad you've found yourself a great dentist, to help you look for a way forward. Looking forward to hearing how you get on.

Sorry - hijack of thread - Pianimo - SNAP ...I am like that about ALL meds too and avoided even paracetamol for 12 -13 years .
This confused me...I think you've got that from Laura telling me about her, rather than anything I've said?? o_O Not that I don't love a good game of snap, mind! :p

This confused me...I think you've got that from Laura telling me about her, rather than anything I've said?? o_O Not that I don't love a good game of snap, mind! :p

Yes, I did, just read it back......because it was directed at you I read it as being you. Ooooppps LOL

Great great news Laura, you actually sound quite excited :)

Hi all,

Just an update I have an app with lincoln tomorrow at 12.10. He even explained I can wait in the car and they will come and get me when they are ready as im sure youve all experienced that waiting roombit is horrible....i dont feel too bad as I dont think im actually having the extraction tomorrow but I will try to have a bit of the injection again just to know i wont have a reaction x

Best wishes for tomorrow, it will go well for you. From reading on here you have found yourself a good, kind and gentle dentist, that really does understand how you feel.
I feel sure you will get the treatment you need now. Maybe not tomorrow but in your own time, when you are ready. :)

All the best for today Laura !

(Wow, there are lots of DFC-ers with appointments today!)

Well done for making the appointment Laura, and I hope it goes really well. :)

Yep, shall we re-name it 'Toothy Tuesday' ?

Hi all,

Just an update I have an app with lincoln tomorrow at 12.10. He even explained I can wait in the car and they will come and get me when they are ready as im sure youve all experienced that waiting roombit is horrible....i dont feel too bad as I dont think im actually having the extraction tomorrow but I will try to have a bit of the injection again just to know i wont have a reaction x

By now, you're probably at your appointment, but I'm sure it'll be absolutely fine and you'll notice a difference in the way that you feel about everything :).

I hope it goes really well and I can't wait to hear what happened :thumbsup:.

Hi all,

I arrived there and sat down in reception and Lincoln left his appointment he was in to come out and meet me and tell me it was ok to go and sit in the car and someone would come out and get me when they was ready which helped me a bit.
I got in there and Licoln spoke to me about what my fears were, how they started ect. He has loadsss of thank you cards on the wall and I can understand why. I got in the chair and had some xrays and he also put a camera in my mouth and took some pictures. Every step of the way he explained in detail what he was going to do and at any time if I wasnt happy I could just raise my hand. He then explained all my options in details and how he was willing to go along the route of me going in and having a little bit of an injection at a time but after a very long and detailed conversation I have decided to just try and do it. He has booked me an app for 4pm and has made sure there is noone after me and he said it doesnt matter how long it takes me he will only charge for the extraction. He said that obviously he couldnt do that for everyone but if we can get the tooth out it will give him and his assistant as much joy as it would me and that is what he lives for to help nervous patients. He said that everything else (apart from a clean) was ok with my teeth. Im not ging to lie it was horrible (in my head) I had several panic attacks and thought I was going to pass out in there several times...but I didnt. I didnt put a post on here yesterday and the fainting thing stayed with me all day and I was quite upset until I went to bed so though id try to write a hopefully more positive post today. Lincoln and his assistant (cant remember her name so sorry you know how it is when youre panicking everything seems a blur) were amazing and couldnt have made me feel more at ease. I travelled 1hr 45 mins to get there and I would recommend anyone on here to go and see them th most understanding kind caring dentist I have ever seen and you know when you can just tell when someone genuinely cares from their heart about helping people ...well thats Lincoln. So anyway wed 29th at 4pm is the dreaded day. I know though that if there was ever a chance of me getting it done it will be with him...... Thank you all so much for your support....one very small step conquered buts a start hey and we all have to start somewhere....bless you all xxxxx

Lovely to read, I think you stand a REALLY good chance of making big progress here you know ! ;D

It's very nice to hear that you got there and managed to see Lincloln well done. An understanding dentist that cares really does make all the difference. I wish you well for your next appointment and I hope you manage to have the tooth removed, which I think you will. I bet you feel so much better now. :jump:

Have been wondering how you got on, so pleased to hear you managed to go and have the first appointment. Well done. :jump: :jump:

Congrats :jump:
It is definitely worth a bit of a journey for the right dentist...trust me on that one ;).

Congratulations :) - you've done so well!!

I'm not sure if someone has already mentioned it in this thread, but we also have a page on panic attacks if you feel up to reading (don't bother if it would be too overwhelming):

The page also gives links to other resources and books which have been recommended by people dealing with panic and agoraphobia.

Wishing the three of you all the best for "the dreaded day" and keeping my fingers crossed that together, you'll be able to do this :grouphug:

That's fabulous news... Well done!! Going to the first appointment and getting over the fear of the unknown is often the hardest part, but you've done it. Best of luck for your next appointment (not that you'll need it because you'll be absolutely fine :)).

Congratulations Laura! :jump: So pleased it went well for you - I know you had the panic attacks, but you turned up, you went in, you got thorugh the whole appointment, including the check-up and x-rays etc, AND you decided on a course of action and made another appointment...I think you did amazingly well! A lot of people can't manage more than talking at their first appointment. You say it's a small step, but it sounds like a pretty huge leap to me! You should be really proud of yourself. Well done! :)

So its tomorrow at 4pm. Lilcoln sent me an email to check I was ok and was looking forward to seeing me. I have been in such a state all week contsantly crying and feeling the lowest EVER. All i can do is try and keep trying to tell myself I will not faint and I will not die.....

Thank you all for your support heres to a sleepless night :(

Back