• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Please please help....

It will be over before you know it, once you are numb the tooth will be out in seconds. I hope you manage to get this far but if not every step is a large one, and one step nearer to being out of pain and worry.

Good luck for tomorrow, you don't need it you have a very good and caring dentist.

I look forward to reading how you go on tomorrow. :)

All the best for tomorrow :grouphug:!

I hope you will be able to get rid of the tooth that's been annoying you for so long - that would be absolutely fantastic. But even taking baby steps in the right direction would be an enormous achievement :). Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you :thumbsup: - good luck (and we really do need a lucky clover smiley if we can find one)!!

Well I did it ! I certainly couldnt of done it without Lincoln and Jean they were just amazzzing. I had little bits of injections at a time in 2 different places and he used the buzzy thing in my mouth so i couldnt feel it all so much. I was tipped right back the whole time so I knew I couldnt faint. Lilcoln and I agreed that 5 wiggles at a time then I think after the 3rd time it was out and I felt nothing not even any pressure. They gradually moved the chair up one degree at a time again because of my fear of faintng. What with all the talking at the beginning (they didnt start anything until I was ready) it took 2 hours and it was out then I had to wait around for an hour as the tooth was taking its time to clot. So just over 3 hours and they charged me no extra.
I cannot thank lincoln and jean enough and for me personally knowing I could go at my own pace was the difference. I am still anxious and panicky as im worried thats its still bleeding a tiny bit and my mind is in overdrive probably stress of it all when its healed and i know its ok then i will be happy !
If it wasnt for Lincoln and jean at the beehive I felt I had no hope...yes I had panic attacks and yes I was soooo frightnened but if I can do it believe me anyone can.
If it wasnt for this site I wouldnt even of been able to find the beehive so thank you all so much xxxx
If I can help anyone with anything please pm me.

Brilliant news Laura !!!!! How chuffed are you feeling right now ? A little bleeding will happen for a while, mine kept going a while for 12 hours really. A little blood goes a long way actually, and once it is mixed in saliva it looks more than it is. If it becomes too much then follow the after care advice and use the gauze etc. Congratulations. I sure hope you do stick around and answer some of the queries here, as positive support from someone who has just achieved what you have is so useful. :)

Well done you :jump::jump::jump: CONGRATULATIONS :jump::yay::yay::jump::jump::yay::yay::jump:

thank you thank you thank you

its now been 6 days and i hope its healing ok....I am starting to feel happier again and thinking more positive. I never want to back to that place again all because of a tooth crazy eh ?! If i can help one person on here I will be happy. Thank you again for all your support xxxx <3

Congratulations to both you and your dentist :jump::jump:- and thanks so much for posting your success story, I'm sure it will help a lot of others in a similar situation. Well done :party:!!!!

Hi Laura442

I am going to make an appointment with Lincoln today - I am absolutely petrified at the thought - I e-mailed him my life story last night, and he got back to me within a very short space of time.

I know it is a silly question, but is it really not that bad going there - I felt ill all day yesterday, and feel like it again today, and all because i have to phone the surgery and make an appointment!!!!

Back