• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Poor Teeth - Young Age

J

juleslab1

I came across this site and am hoping someone could give me some advice.

Poor teeth apparently run in my family. Both grandfathers and father have very poor teeth. My dad alone has at least 9 crowns, going on more.

I apparently skipped out on the milk and nutrients in the first half of my life and had too many processed foods. I also had braces and my teeth are so tiny and I didn't care back then to take better care of my teeth. I would have to say that that is what I blame things on, but I know that the past is the past and clearly it can't be changed.

I've been working to improve my health and teeth and overall well being. I am trying the fish oil and butter oil pills (which do help!) I also have been trying bone broth, which is apparently a great help. Both I think improve the sensitivity in my teeth and sometime alleviate the achyness.

Particularly in the past 1.5 years, I've had 4 crowns done. One of them is still sensitive on my right side. But only every so often, it has good and not so great days with cold and a little heat sensitive. I'm praying that it goes away!! Then on my left side, the same two teeth were crowned. I'm currently awaiting for the permanent crowns. But of course, the very last tooth on my left hurts now because my bite is so off. Then I have my four front teeth which ache quite a bit when i don't take the fish oil and butter oil. It started when the cavities needed to be re done/new ones appeared. No matter what I do I still get cavities. I stay away from sugar and I do oil pulling every day and brush and floss normally.

Basically I'm at a loss. I can't have acidic foods, and I drink all liquids through a straw. I have had cavities in every single tooth except two of them. I don't know what else to do and i'm so frustrated! Do I continually go through all this crap and just always have a tooth problem? Or do I put a crown on the majority of them and hope for the best? I've read about the all on 4 and I'm almost thinking that would be so much better than all the discomfort and annoyance and constant money. Does anyone have any advice??

Hi WELCOME to the forum.

Sorry you didn't get an answer before this. I am also sorry that I cannot answer your question, have you talked to your dentist and explained how you feel about this and the constant pain and trouble you have.

I am hoping a dentist on here will be able to shed some light on this for you. Good luck :clover::clover::clover: :grouphug::grouphug::butterfly:

Back