• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

porcelain veneers

G

goofy gorilla

hi guys - i always had a gap between my front top two teeth, about 10 days ago i had two porcelain venners fitted on my two teeth to close the gap and for looks, im really impressed by the way it looks and cannot be more happier as its bought a smile back to my face, as i was always aware of my gap in my teeth when i use to smile..shortely after i had the veneers fitted , it felt like i had something stuck on my teeth, obviously it was the veneers, i was told that it would feel odd for while as my gums and brain got use to this sensation. Although the sensation of having something foreign stuck on my teeth has got less and less, i feel that the skin between my teeth "frenum" so i beleive is called, is trapped between the veneers, because everytime i put my toungue between the back of the two veneers i can feel something moving slightly which cause more sensation in my gums , it feels like ive got grape skin stuck between my two front teeth and i cant get it off. should i give this more time to settle or shall i see my dentist again?, i dont question her work as its brilliant but its this senastion of having something stuck on my teeth that im not getting use to, it doesnt hurt or is painful just the fact that its there all the time...cheers

bump !...anyone ?..i though this was a teeth related forum.lol...:grin:

bump !...anyone ?..i though this was a teeth related forum.lol...:grin:

It is a teeth related forum... for people with dental anxiety, fear or phobia.

We're a non-commercial website, which means that all the administrators, moderators, forum buddies and dentists who answer questions and respond to posts, are giving their time for free as volunteers. Many of our regular posters also answer and respond to posts when they can, but it does sometimes get very busy on here and so occasionally it may be a while before posts get answered.

You could try posting your question in our Dentistry Questions Answered section, however before posting, please bear in mind the following:

The "Your Dentistry Questions Answered" board is designed for people who suffer(ed) with dental phobia, to obtain advice and/or support from professionals or laypeople who'd like to chip in.

IT IS NOT INTENDED AS A GENERAL DENTISTRY FORUM! NOR IS IT A HEALTH ANXIETY FORUM.

Please post your questions on a general dental forum if you don't have dental phobia or specific dental fears.

For a list see here:

Exceptions to this rule:

(1) you used to suffer with dental phobias or fears and find the explanations on this board therapeutic, or you're in the process of confronting your fears
(2) real acute emergencies
(3) questions directly relating to dental phobia (e. g. concerned parent or partner)

"PHOBIA - A marked and persistent fear which reaches the extent that the individual entirely avoids the situation. Dental phobics will avoid attending for dental care at all costs until possibly when a physical problem becomes more overwhelming than the phobic avoidance. The individual will become distressed even when thinking about going to the dentist. This behaviour may also interfere with social functioning at times resulting in days off work and embarrassment."

The administrators and moderators reserve the right to delete posts which do not adhere to the guidelines. The reason for this rule is that we do not have full-time "staff" to answer your questions. Many thanks for your understanding :).

Please use a title that describes your problem or question as accurately as possible - don't call your thread "Help!!!" or "Ouch!" or similar.

Disclaimer:

It is impossible for dentists and consultants associated with dentalfearcentral.org and its message boards to make an accurate diagnosis or treat patients over the internet. The information provided here is for educational and/or entertainment purposes only. In all circumstances, you are advised to consult a health professional in person.

Dental Fear Central and its message boards make no warranty of any kind with respect to general advice and/or answers given as a response to a question. Only you, your dentist and other health care providers can make an appropriate treatment decision.

ok thanks....think ill have to visit the dentist again....see what she says...

Back