• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Possible abscess

K

Kizzaix

Hi

I'm looking for some advice regarding possible abscess. I've had them before and have been in agony and able to drain them myself without dentist intervention. However this one is in a different place, underneath the boney part of my gum/inside of my cheek. Its underneath a rotten tooth which is what's leading me to think it's an abscess, but the no pain and feel of it is worrying me, as it's quite hard and not squishy, so I cant get anything out of it myself.

I'm stressing out because dentists terrify me, I'm not even registered to one in my town so cant phone up. I haven't been to a dentist for a long time and the judgement and cost scares me.

Any advice would be really helpful, thank you in advance

You can phone the NHS emergency number and get an emergency appointment, registration is not necessary at the moment. Please get it looked at.

Back