Possible for bone loss/ tooth decay/ serious gum disease without many visual signs

M

marg1

Possible for bone loss/ tooth decay/ serious gum disease without many visual signs

Is it possible to have bone loss and severe gum disease around the age of 23 and without teeth and gums looking too bad?

Angeldove

Angeldove

Re: Possible for bone loss/ tooth decay/ serious gum disease without many visual signs

I'm sure there are signs that would tell the person they do have serious gum disease, but other people might not have any clue. And yes, even at 23 you can have serious gum disease.

I'm 30 and my friends are shocked at how much dental work I need. My front and side teeth all look fine and my gums don't look horrible. But I have pretty bad gum disease that if I don't honestly treat 2 times a day - EVERY DAY- my gums hurt and bleed like crazy (thankfully no loose teeth yet).

K

kenny1999

Re: Possible for bone loss/ tooth decay/ serious gum disease without many visual signs

I'm sure there are signs that would tell the person they do have serious gum disease, but other people might not have any clue. And yes, even at 23 you can have serious gum disease.

I'm 30 and my friends are shocked at how much dental work I need. My front and side teeth all look fine and my gums don't look horrible. But I have pretty bad gum disease that if I don't honestly treat 2 times a day - EVERY DAY- my gums hurt and bleed like crazy (thankfully no loose teeth yet).

I am 30 too but I have some receding gum. Do you have receding gum that makes ''gaps'' between your teeth? If you don't, I don't think you have ''pretty bad gum disease''

K

kenny1999

Is it possible to have bone loss and severe gum disease around the age of 23 and without teeth and gums looking too bad?

It's possible, unlikely though. My personal comment is that periodontal disease could happen at all ages and could NOT happen at all ages. Some people don't take care of their daily hygiene but they never lose a teeth. Some people couldn't lose at very young age. Sometimes like destiny. But the best bet for you is to visit a dentist or periodontist for real information for you