• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Possible permanent nerve damage/pain???

Trouts

Trouts

I am going into the dentist this Sept for a replacement filling on the #19 tooth. I have had no problems with a nerve block/Lidocaine (since they don't use Novocaine anymore) when I was in my 20's. I have become a lot more aware of pain, nervousness and anxiety over the years. Trying to work on that! Long story short, I am afraid of once I am injected with this stuff, how high are the chances of permanent nerve damage and or pain? I don't want to feel numb in my nose and throat, I will freak out! I have read online about a woman who had that happen to her, and a lot of other stuff that has happened at the dentist. OUCH! I once had to have three injections for a filling twenty years ago, because I could still kinda feel pain. I felt the numbness around my eye that was really weird and uncomfortable. I guess I just want to be reassured my life won't be ruined cause of a routing dental appointment! :):o

You have a higher chance of being hit by a vehicle! Freak accidents happen, of course, but I wouldn't worry or stress yourself out too much over it :)

You have a higher chance of being hit by a vehicle! Freak accidents happen, of course, but I wouldn't worry or stress yourself out too much over it :)
Thanks for the support! He is suppost to be one of the best dentists around here and the most gentle. It's easy to think the worst especially with all the stuff online now that we didn't have before to scare us about what MIGHT no matter how slight that can happen at a doctor or dentist visit! :);)

Good Luck with your appt, I hope all goes well keep us posted

Back