• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Post extraction pain

P

PhoebeLeitch96

Hi, I was wondering if you could maybe help me

I had a molar (2nd from the back) removed two days ago under local anaesthetic and I'm now experiencing pain in my tooth next to the one that got extracted, it feels like it's bruised but worse? Is there a possibility that it got really traumatised and now it's wobbly? I'm not sure if it's anything to worry about but I can't stop thinking about it and I'm really scared I'm going to have to have that one removed as well now (when I saw the dentist I was told that it was fine but scared it's damaged now).
Also, I have been taking co codamol and Ibuprofen for the pain but they don't seem to be working

Thank you
Phoebe

Although this forum is for people afraid of facing a dentist I will answer your question. I am not a dentist and the ones on here prefer to spend the time they give to reassure nervous patients.

The pain is normal if the pain meds help and there is no bad smell or taste. The tooth next to the extraction feeling loose is also normal, it will go back to feeling normal. The gum needs to close and toughen back up around the tooth again which they will do.

If the pain meds are not helping and the pain is keeping you awake then you need to see the dentist again. Some discomfort and mild pain is normal in some cases.

If you are in a lot of pain and are worried then do contact your dentist.

Thank you Carole for your answer.
Sorry if this forum isn't for questions, I just saw that a few other people had asked about pain/problems they had been having and thought I would give it a go also because I was a bit worried.

Hi this forum is for questions, but as the name of the forum states it is directed to people fearful of dental treatment and the dentist.

I understand you being worried and I hope I managed to help you a bit.

I wish you all the best in your future treatment and that you continue to heal well.

Back