• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Post extraction pain

S

Sussex2020

I’m horribly terrified of the dentist and don’t have great teeth. I broke an upper molar in January and had a crown put in February. We went into Covid lockdown in March and then I started to get pain above it into my jaw. After some antibiotics and phone consultation , I was sent to an emergency hub where I didn’t know the dentists and was given one option: extraction.. I felt obliged. The tooth was big and the extraction site touches teeth both sides ( they both have deep fillings) . Since then I have extreme pain in the smaller tooth neared to my front teeth. I can see that there’s not a ton of gum next to it and I know that extractions can damage ligaments etc but I’m now getting very upset and panicked as it throbs and it’s 8 days since the extraction. There no dentistry really available at the moment and you can’t talk to the people who did the work as it was a one stop shop. it’s impossible to talk to anyone and I’m getting very distressed. Am I being impatient.. I really need reassurance . I’m taking ibruprofen and paracetamol and sometimes . It throbs if I touch it

You really need a dentist to look at it I'm afraid. Having this much pain 8 days post extraction is not normal.

Thank you. It’s what I thought. A remote dentist is trying to get me referred back

Fingers crossed for you to get help soon. Keep us posted :clover:

It started to calm a bit yesterday.. the throbbing of the tooth has reduced a bit. of course I don’t trust my teeth so keep thinking it’s about to come back full force ?‍♀️. I’m wondering if I have some sort of dry socket because the extraction site is huge . I’m applying some Clove oil and hoping for the best while waiting for the online dentist referral system to respond to me . Thanks for your advice and support ?

Don't use clove oil, it'll make things worse.

Ok. I used it once I’ll stop using it immediately

Back