• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Post Temp crown procedure

J

Jumper34

Well I've been posting on here recently and people have asked for an update and Thursday I went for my crown prep on my front two teeth. Let me just say I was shaking and almost ready to cry before my appointment. But I got through it! 2 hours in the chair went by like nothing! My dentist and her assistant were very good about everything. Always asking if I was okay and explaining what they were doing next. The worst part was definitely the shots of Novocaine because I had to get the first two right in the front where all the nerves are and I felt like I had to sneeze! Haha. My eyes were watering and it was just annoying to tell you the truth lol. But my dentist and her assistant both laughed it off with me and said it happens all the time with those. I had to get about 4-5 numbing shots... 2 on the roof of my mouth :( those were painful but not horrible!
Recovery that night and yesterday was pretty rough. My gums and teeth were super sore and I couldn't really eat anything except soft foods. But now it's day two in my recovery and I'm feeling almost 100%! My crowns look really good for temporary crowns!! My gums are still a little swollen in the back so they feel a little odd but I'm assuming once that goes away they'll feel normal!
I'm excited that I got through the first step in my long journey ahead, and now I need to get the permanent ones on in about a month, and then a handful of fillings and my wisdom teeth out...
I guess if I had advice for anyone who fears going to the dentist, please just make the first call. Because I can guarantee you, whatever you are scared of will not be half as bad as you think it will be!!

Good on you for getting this far and good luck with the rest of your treatment. :)

Glad it went well!@ and yes tbe shots for tbe front teeth are a little rough lol.

Back