• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Post Wisdom Teeth extraction issues? Advice?

A

AnaLopez1008

I had two wisdom teeth on my left side extracted on the 8th and thought the process went fine since I had the other two on my right side removed a couple of years ago and knew there would be swelling ect. A few days after that extraction I started getting a bad taste in my mouth, I went back to my surgeon on the 7th day and there was still some swelling going on along with a small bump which is not at the extraction site but near the middle of my jaw. He told me there was an early localized infection (only the bottom molar) since some gunk got stuck back there and took me off Amoxicillin and then put me on Clindamycin 300mg and irrigated the site and put a little draining tube on that site to "drain the infection." He said he would see me in three days and if the last part of swelling on my face was not down by then, he would put me on steroids. I went to see him yesterday and he took out the draining tube and put me on Methylprednisolone 4mg since there is still a tiny bit of swelling left that needs to go down and said to continue with warm compression/massages in that bump area and to see him in two weeks to see how everything is going and if I get a fever/more swelling to immediately call. What is going on? He's been at the practice a little less than a year so I am concerned with his expertise since he seems confused and concerned about the bump as well. Any ideas what the bump is? The bump does not hurt when I press on it. Sorry for the long post!

Is there anyone?

Last edited:
Back