Posting dentistry related images and videos

vicki

vicki

Could everyone please take great care when considering posting dentistry related images or videos, particularly when they are of a large and/or graphic nature (e.g. pictures of teeth, dental instruments, dental surgeries etc).

Pictures of the inside of your mouth which are posted for reference when asking questions in Your Dentistry Questions Answered can be helpful as they can help others to give you information and/or advice. However, not everyone who visits the forum is at a stage where they can cope with seeing such imagery, so it would be hugely appreciated if any images are kept as non-graphic as possible.

If you wish to post images of your mouth in order to seek advice from one of our forum dentists or other members, we ask that you post these in Your Dentistry Questions Answered and not in Support or any other section.

Any images which are considered to be overly graphic and/or deliberately intended to scare other posters, may be removed.

Thank you :).

carole

carole

Super Moderator
Re: Posting dentistry related images

Thank you for this vicki :)

Kim

Kim

Re: Posting dentistry related images

I thank you on behalf of all of us folks who are the woosiest people on this earth to have to see such things. I still struggle with the gook that I use for super-glueing my mouth together at times, and so to see any 'real' pics of stuff, really knocks the socks off of me.

I can totally understand when people are really concerned, and I know sometimes on the dentistry ?'s dentists ask to see a pic to try to establish a bit more of a bigger picture, but please, pics of blood flows etc.....

S

Surreyvwphobic

Could everyone please take great care when considering posting dentistry related images or videos, particularly when they are of a large and/or graphic nature (e.g. pictures of teeth, dental instruments, dental surgeries etc).

Pictures of the inside of your mouth which are posted for reference when asking questions in Your Dentistry Questions Answered can be helpful as they can help others to give you information and/or advice. However, not everyone who visits the forum is at a stage where they can cope with seeing such imagery, so it would be hugely appreciated if any images are kept as non-graphic as possible.

If you wish to post images of your mouth in order to seek advice from one of our forum dentists or other members, we ask that you post these in Your Dentistry Questions Answered and not in Support or any other section.

Any images which are considered to be overly graphic and/or deliberately intended to scare other posters, may be removed.

Thank you :).
Good point. I wish also that Oral B and Fixodent would stop showing huge images of teeth, especially if one is eating when they are on!!!!! So off-putting..........

T

thisisme

I just want to say that you guys get it. I have finally started looking at some “trigger” images and it took me over a decade. I appreciate how considerate you guys are to dental phobics (like myself). Thank you!