• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Pre check up fears- Gum recession

M

Metroomy993

Hi

I have a regular check up appointment in 2 weeks with my dentist but I wanted to ask if anyone could help with an issue I'm getting terrified about.

My molar on the upper right side looks like it has significant gum recession and has been like this for a couple of years now but my dentist (nor my implant surgeon) has never mentioned it. I made the mistake of looking up recession and all the horrible things it can lead to. I just wanted to ask if the recession in the picture is something I should really be concerned about and talk to my dentist about despite no mentions previously?

Pic:

kYIjINFl.jpg

Hi,

I decently don’t think you should be alarmed but decently aware. If you suffer from a dry mouth it is very important to prevent cavities at the exposed portion of the root.
It important to diagnose the reason for the recession mainly to prevent future worsening

Back