Pressure ball like swelling upper gum

L

Liz1989

Hi, I have this swelling (feels like a ball) in my gum right hand side at the top. Its above the teeth and closer to my cheek bone. I get no pain but when I push it I feel pressure going down inbetween two teeth. My Dentist has checked it out and felt it. I insisted on an X-ray to which he did eventually as I thought it was another abscess (I previously had a root canal in this area because of that reason). He explained that the root looked ok and said it was NOT an abscess and then we moved on. Im confused as to what it actually is. I got the impression he felt the x-ray was a waste of time but I have had this lump for months now. Has anyone had this before?

L

Liz1989

Did your dentist offer any explanation of what it is? Does he want to keep an eye on it?

My Dentist has suggested to keep an eye on it and just clarified that it wasn't an abscess and that the root was ok. I have my 6 month check up in March (just found out my dentist has now left) I was concerned about having it crowned with that lump there but he wanted to crown it regardless so went ahead with the crowning process. I did try antibiotics ages ago when the lump first appeared but nothing changed.

K

kateT

Any update on this? I’ve had this feeling for over a year but I have an infection in my jaw.

J

jack1995

Any update on this? I’ve had this feeling for over a year but I have an infection in my jaw.

I had this every time I use to press on the bump I could feel stuff coming out of my gum my dentist said it was a abscess I had to tooth took out and it’s not came back

K

kateT

Ok thanks for the reply. I’ve had the the tooth out and it’s still there. It’s been three months since I had it removed! Glad yours got better :)