• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Prior C-DIFF Need Antibiotics for Multi Extractions Freaking Out

D

Drkshadows

Back story, 2/2012 I had a tooth infection and was put on clindamycin. Wish I had known about the risk of c-diff associated with it or even heard of it. I did contract c-diff and had Flagyl (metronidazole) which worked for me. Before I found out I had it I took Saccharomyces boulardii which may of helped with my recovery.

I just had my prior authorization for extractions and partial ( top and bottom-front teeth will stay) submitted and they say it takes 4-6 weeks. I have such anxiety about all of this and have been putting off any dental visits. What brought me to this place is 2 weeks ago I had an abscess and needed emergency dental to look at it. Prior to the visit I drained the area an used salt water rinse. By the way it cleared up the problem and they didn’t need to give me antibiotics. BUT that was the start of all of this since they wanted to pull 2 teeth and was referred to the oral surgeon. There they saw the rest of my mouth and said they need to go…….I decided it is better to do it now then wait. I have been freaking out but forgot about the c-diff and I am sure they will put me on antibiotics.

My question is this a guarantee that will get it again? Is there someone on here that had c-diff and needed antibiotics again? Did they get c-diff again or not?

Back story, 2/2012 I had a tooth infection and was put on clindamycin. Wish I had known about the risk of c-diff associated with it or even heard of it. I did contract c-diff and had Flagyl (metronidazole) which worked for me. Before I found out I had it I took Saccharomyces boulardii which may of helped with my recovery.

I just had my prior authorization for extractions and partial ( top and bottom-front teeth will stay) submitted and they say it takes 4-6 weeks. I have such anxiety about all of this and have been putting off any dental visits. What brought me to this place is 2 weeks ago I had an abscess and needed emergency dental to look at it. Prior to the visit I drained the area an used salt water rinse. By the way it cleared up the problem and they didn’t need to give me antibiotics. BUT that was the start of all of this since they wanted to pull 2 teeth and was referred to the oral surgeon. There they saw the rest of my mouth and said they need to go…….I decided it is better to do it now then wait. I have been freaking out but forgot about the c-diff and I am sure they will put me on antibiotics.

My question is this a guarantee that will get it again? Is there someone on here that had c-diff and needed antibiotics again? Did they get c-diff again or not?

I hope you get an answer *hugs* i know what my choices would prob be but most wouldn't agree.

Prior infection with clostridium would worry me too. If it is just extractions forget the antibiotics unless you have some particular medical problem. Point is make sure that you really need them. Unfortunately nothing is without risk

Back