• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Private or NHS Dentures

K

Karatewoman

Hi guys I live in the UK so can have some Dentures made on the NHS on looking on an NHS site these will cost me £195.00.
If I go private they start at £500.00

Now as anyone out there had the NHS ones if so what did you think about them? Are they ok?
I ask this as my Dad had some but its a few years ago and he said he hated his the palette and gums were to thick. He said he ended up binning them and going private.

Thanks

I will be very interest to hear the answer to this one... the way things seem to be going.....

Sorry to hijack you but also wondered if you are able to get them from any dental lab....I was told not if it is NHS.....with a mouth guard and wondered if it was the same with dentures .....

I will be very interest to hear the answer to this one... the way things seem to be going.....

Sorry to hijack you but also wondered if you are able to get them from any dental lab....I was told not if it is NHS.....with a mouth guard and wondered if it was the same with dentures .....

I too will be needig a mouth guard as I do Karate so dont want my Dentures breaking. ;D

Back