• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Probably a stupid question but....

T

trfc

Okay here we go.....

i have a bit of a fear of the dentist so have not been for 2 years but booked for next month

I have a question about gums really, I have noticed that my lower gumline is less than my upper, is this normal? It has always been the case but starting to panic about it, not on my gums are red and I have no bleeding etc, this is especially the case on my lower canine teeth where i have less of a gumline

Is there a length gums should be to be healthy or is it subject to the individual?

Hi :welcome: to the forum.

It is individual, we all have different shaped and length of teeth. You need to make sure that your mouth is healthy and that your gums are the correct depth for you.

Good luck with the appointment let us know how you get on. It helps a lot if you have an understanding dentist that will take their time and work with you not at you. :butterfly::butterfly::butterfly:

No question is stupid. That is what we are all here for. We have fears and (lots) of questions. Its wonderful to be able to talk to others who have the same fears and concerns.

Back