• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Problem with gums?

J

Jack06

Hi there, first of all I would like to apologise in case I have posted this in the wrong section. I think I have a issue with my gums in the top left corner of my mouth, my gums between my molars at the back are quite red and feel strange I also have a bit of swollen gum between two teeth which feels strange when I bite down. There is no pain as far as I’m aware and I was just wanting to ask if there’s any remedy or solution I can do until I can get to my next cleaning appointment (due to the pandemic will be a while)? MNy thanks, also I’m new here so hello everybody! (Sorry if this has formatted wrong as well as i am on iPhone) :)

Hello and Welcome!
I am not a dentist but I have had something similar happen and it turned out a bit of food got stuck way up under the gum line and floss was not able to reach it. Then due to inflammation, it had swelled causing it to feel very strange and appear red as you described. I finally used a water pik aka water flosser and that did the trick. It bled quite a bit after I was able to get the piece of food free but it healed up quickly after that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back