• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Problems with partial denture

J

jenny887

Hi I just had a partial denture given to me by my dentist I was not shown how to put it in by them and I hate it already it does not hav anything to keep it in my mouth it is just a plate with 2 teeth on it what ever I do with my mouth it just moves constantly I just went to my dentist and he supposedly re shaped the denture but it has only made it worse it looks absolutely horrible cant eat or talk with out it moving and after that It looks lke I have a huge hole where the deture does not stay in place
no matter what advasive I use it constanly moves does anyone else have this problem I am going to call the dentist tomorrow as I don't feel it is fitting properly I had to look on youtube to see how to fit my partial when I first got it an help will do.

Hey, I'm sorry you're having a hard time. Partials can be tough. Definitely speak to your dentist again. You obviously need something usable for eating and talking!

It's also a bad sign your dentist gave no guidance. Is getting an appointment and second opinion from a different dentist possible for you?

Hang in there :hug4:

Back